Well, I was lazy. A week or two ago I received an email from the International Office saying my certificate of eligibility had arrived and I could pick it up. So I did what I always do...and I left it until the last minute. Yeah I should really title this blog the 'lazy guide to studying in japan', huh.
Fortunately, I didn't leave it too late because I will be picking it up next Monday--or so I hope anyway. I leave for Japan on the 10th, so that is exactly week one before my flight! Here's hoping there are no problems.
This is the form you must fill out to apply for a Japanese visa. This is from Edinburgh's Japanese consulate, so yeah not sure if every place uses the same forms. Anywho they are pretty basic, you can type into these forms but you can't save them, so only fill them out someplace you can print them! Otherwise do it by hand. I have an aversion to handwritten things because I am prone to mistakes. Whoops.
They have a long lunch break so they are open 9:30am-12pmish then closed until 2pm-4:30pm. It is kind of hard to miss the place considering they have a large Japanese flag outside, but it took me a while to get there. In the end I think it would have been much easier to get a train to Haymarket and get off there rather than get off at Edinburgh Waverley. Would have saved me a lot of walking and probably the £30 I lost on the way. Oh well, hopefully it made someone's day a bit brighter.
I was kind of in a rush so I forgot to stick on the picture at the top
right but the lady at the consulate was kind enough to do it for me. She just double-checked my documents and asked if I wanted a single or multiple entry visa (I got a single-entry which is £23) and then asked if I would like to have my passport delivered or if I would like to pick it up. They say it generally takes 5 working days to get a visa sorted, so make sure you give yourself enough time. The whole process is pretty painless, it's just waiting on certificates and so on that can be irritating, especially if you are due to fly out soon.
I have a lot left to do, like getting money, packing my things, buying travel supplies, etc. Planning to do a lot of that this week. Not much time left now!
Tuesday, 28 August 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment